That's such a lie. Yes I can.
I got obsessed with fanfiction (I'M A BAD PERSON) and my depression/anxiety sucked me in and didn't let go.
Didja miss me?
I wrote a book. Yes, another one. Actually, it's not finished.
So I actually wrote 51,000 of a book that I have yet to finish.
I hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve dinners (to include a couple of airmen from my husband's office).
I survived the holiday season. Considering that one night of drinking, this is a surprise.
My youngest son just turned four. FOUR. He's no longer a "toddler" now.
We're planning a road trip to and IN Texas in a few months.
My husband will be taking his Tech Sergeant test basically as soon as we get home.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if our luck runs out and he gets deployed this year as well. I've mentally prepared for it SO HARD that I sometimes forget it isn't a done deal...yet.
So do I have special plans for 2015? I actually hate thinking about making a special promise to hold out the entire YEAR.
So my resolutions are pretty basic.
- Get back into therapy and on medication. Because I did the entire year last year without either and it SUCKED BIG TIME. I need therapy. I need meds...I just have to find the right one. So I'm doing that this year
- Finish my book and edit heavily. My ultimate goal is to send queries before the 2015 NaNoWriMo. (November)
- Find a hobby. I'm looking seriously at Krav Maga. Learn to kick @$$, burn calories, and get "me" time? Awesome all around.
- Read the 52 books on my PopSugar List. ORIGINAL LIST FOUND HERE. I've already started in on "Ilium" by Dan Simmons. (It's my "Book with more than 500 pages" entry)
- Get my eyebrow game on point. Because there needs to be a fluffy, frilly resolution on the list.
Other than that? I'm now going to make WEEK goal lists. Every Monday I'll post my goals for the entire WEEK. I figure I can commit to a few things for 7 days at a time.
*whispers* Seven Days
For those that didn't....consider yourself lucky you didn't see that movie. Just...don't do it.
I need to be a better parent.
I need to be a better housekeeper.
I need to be a better wife.
I need to be a better person.
I'd like to be a better blogger/vlogger.
I want this year to be the year when I look forward to close because I kicked ass....not because "Oh thank God, it's finally over."